Fox Point-Bayside School District Weather Protocol
The decision to close schools due to severe winter weather is made using information from the National Weather Service and consulting with surrounding school districts. We will do our best to make the decision by 6 a.m.
Our primary concern is the safety of all students. If you do not believe it is safe for your child to go to school as a result of the weather, it is your right to keep them home.
Weather conditions may cause one of the following:
Two-Hour Delay: School will begin two hours after normal start time to allow streets and highways to be cleared.
School Closing: School is canceled due to unsafe weather conditions for all or most of the school day.
Early Release: Students are released early due to poor conditions, impacting safe transportation from school to home.
Factors we consider to determine if schools will be CLOSED:
- Large amounts of accumulation
- Unsafe road conditions throughout the district
- If a Wind Chill WARNING is issued by the National Weather Service, schools will most likely be canceled.
- If a Wind Chill WATCH is issued, schools will be open.
Weather Related Information can be found via:
- District website: www.foxbay.k12.wi.us
- District and school social media sites
- Local TV