The Fox Point-Bayside Educational Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to enhancing the learning environment of students at Stormonth Elementary and Bayside Middle Schools. The Foundation supports capital improvements to school property, equipment for classrooms and buildings, and special projects. Since its inception in 1993, the Foundation has raised over $400,000 for items ranging from mobile computer labs, smartboards, and sound systems to defibrillators and landscaping projects.
The Foundation raises funds via the following fundraising activities each year:
- Annual Appeal Campaign - appeal mailing to all district residents
- Casino Night Adult Fundraiser with Auction – back March 2014
- Band Together – Badger Band at Nicolet bi-annual event in cooperation with Nicolet Foundation and all district education foundations – next event March 2015.
- Spread Your Wings Walk – A 5K walk in the memory of Michael Janasik (former Stormonth/Bayside student) each September
The Foundation each year funds:
- Fall and Spring Mini-grants for teachers. The purpose of the mini-grant program is to provide a funding source for teachers and staff to develop and implement innovative educational programs/projects that are not otherwise covered in the District Budget.
- Stormonth and Bayside Middle School Principal Wish Lists – The principals of each school work with the teachers and district staff to draft a wish list of desired technology/programs/projects that they are seeking funding for. The foundation board works with the principals to choose deserving projects and work towards funding those projects. Currently the “Smarties Campaign” is striving to put a smart board in every classroom at Stormonth and Bayside. Since Fall 2012, we have raised $36,000 towards a goal of $64,000. This campaign will continue during the 2013/2014 school year with $36,000 of smartboard technology being purchased and installed summer 2013.
- If you would like to learn how you can be a part of the important work of the Foundation, you may contact one of the members of the Foundation's Board, attend a meeting or complete a volunteer sign-up form online – district website. Parents and community members partnering with our schools through the work of the Foundation make a positive difference for our community.