Bayside Morning Announcements
Monday, March 2nd
Congratulations to our Bayside Forensics team on their fantastic performance at the Glen Hills Middle School meet! For schools, Bayside took second place! Yeah! No practice on Tuesday, Forensicles -- See you Thursday,
- 1st place - Infomercial - Eliana L & Isabella P
- 1st place - Impromptu Speaking - Zoe F
- 2nd place - Storytelling - Avery M
- 3rd place - Storytelling - Karly F
- 3rd place - Farrago - Ellie O
- Haley K & Cody S
- Amanda M & Grace G
- Sydney G
- Kalina K
- Louisa W & Makeyle B
- Zane B & Charlie H
- Lucy M & Ela S
- Daniel M
- Olivia W
- Ava W
NHS Regional Science Fair
On Saturday morning nine Bayside 8th graders (Maddie K, Will F, Autumn S, Adelie C, Claudia S, Megan S, Laurel S, Olivia H and Lou M) competed with their science fair projects at the Nicolet regional science fair. Your unique, well-researched and beautifully displayed projects were outstanding. Bayside is so proud of all of you.
- Maddie K and Claudia S who took 3rd place ribbons in life science.
- Adelie C who took 2nd place in life science.
- Olivia H and Autumn S who took 1st place ribbons in life science
- Megan S who took the 1st place ribbon in physical science.
Dodgeball and Donuts
It’s time once again for that highly-anticipated battle of Dodgeball and Donuts when the winning Innisbrook advisor groups play against Dr. Galster and his recruits. It’s all coming up tomorrow, on Tuesday, March 3rd at 3:15! Come and cheer on your favorite team. The following advisor groups will be competing:
- Ms. Lesch
- Ms. Dettro
- Ms. Marcks
- Ms. Leonhardt
Sure sounds like fun!
Snowman Contest Winner!
The Village of Bayside recently held a Snowman Contest. The votes have been tallied, and we are proud to announce that Bayside’s own Braxton V won the contest! He will receive a gift certificate to Pizzanetto. Congratulations Braxton. Way to go!
Listen up Bayside Boys and Girls’ Volleyball teams: There will be practice after school today for 7th grade girls’ and the 8th grade boys’ volleyball teams. The practice will run until 4:30. This is a change from the original schedule!
An Evening at River Glen Elite Sports Club (Advisor hand-out)
7th and 8th graders: There is a fun event for the 7th and 8th graders that is coming up on Friday, March 20th. Baysiders, along with students from the other Nicolet partner schools are invited to a night out at the River Glen Elite. Students can swim, dance, play basketball, tennis or dodgeball, hang with friends and hopefully make friends with future classmates from Nicolet. Nicolet representatives will be there as well to sell their spirit wear. This is a great way to know each other prior to starting high school. Mark your calendars for March 20th. Fliers will be handed out during Advisor today!
Quiz Bowl Members
Attention Quiz Bowl Team Members – Practice this week will be held on Tuesday in Ms. Lockhart’s room. There is no practice today.
Listen up, students and staff: Tickets for the Fox Point-Bayside Educational Foundation fundraiser “Band Together” are being sold in the front office. This is a great fundraiser which will feature the UW Madison Marching Band, this Saturday, March 7th at Nicolet High School. Tickets are $10.00 each. Thanks for supporting this worthy cause!
Green and Healthy Schools Meeting
Listen up all students who are part of the Green & Healthy Schools Club. There will be a meeting after school this Thursday. The meeting will be held in the cafeteria and will end by 4:00. Don’t miss it. See you after school on Thursday.
Baby Pictures - AND Candids - 8th graders
Attention 8th graders: Please remind your parents that the graduation committee needs a baby picture of each 8th grade student to include in the 8th Grade Graduation Memory Book! IN ADDITION: 8th grade parents are asked to submit fun, candid photos of 8th graders enjoying school clubs,sports and other memories over the years. These pictures will be used in a video loop during the graduation festivities. All of the details are on Bayside Monday Folders. Don’t be left out!
Listen up, Jazzers! There will be Jazz Band after school today from 3:15 to 4:00. See you then!
Good morning 5th grade band students: It is an A week for band lessons. Please check your A week schedule and remember to report to your lessons.
Attention Bayside musicians: This a reminder that you should have received an order form this week for the Bayside Music T-Shirt. There is now a drop box outside the music room that will remain there through the March 16th deadline. See Ms. Wacker with any questions about how to show your support for the music program in style!
Birthdays: Happy Birthday today to Richard E and Jackson L.
This Week at Bayside:
- Tuesday, March 3 - Dodgeball & Donuts 3:15-4pm
- Wednesday, March 4 - Referendum Mtg 9am & 5pm at PSS
- Wednesday, March 4 - Chess Club 3:15-4:30pm
- Wednesday, March 4 - Boys VB MD at BMS 4pm
- Wednesday, March 4 - Girls VB at MD 4pm
- Thursday, March 5 - FPBS ED FDTN 8:45am at PSS
- Thursday, March 5 - 8th gr Boys VB MJDS at BMS 4pm
- Thursday, March 5 - 7th gr Girls VB MJDS at BMS 4pm
- Friday, March 6 - Student Council Day - Backward Day
- Friday, March 6 - 5th gr to Pettit 11:20am-2:30pm
- Friday, March 6 - Performing Arts Concert at PSS 1pm
- Friday, March 6 - Programming Club 3:15-4:30pm
- Saturday, March 7 - Referendum Coffee 9am at PSS
- Saturday, March 7 - Band Together UW Madison Marching Band 1pm
unThurThuComing up at Bayside:
- Monday, March 9 - Girls VB BD at BMS 4pm
- Tuesday, March 10 - Spanish Placement Test for NHS 8am
- Tuesday, March 10 - Boys VB Steffen at BMS 4pm
- Tuesday, March 10 - Spring Bookfair and Cake Walk 3-8pm at PSS
- Wednesday, March 11 - Friday, March 13 - 8th gr to Washington DC
- Wednesday, March 11 - Early Dismissal 2pm
- Wednesday, March 11 - Chess Club after School
- Thursday, March 12 - Referendum Mtg 7pm at Fox Point Police Station
- Thursday, March 12 - PTO at BMS 7pm
- Friday, March 13 - Referendum Mtg 1:30pm
- Friday, March 13 - Programming Club 3:15-4:30pm