Welcome back to a new year. The Food Service Staff looks forward to serving your child this year. A current overview of the program follows:
- There will be a “Type A” lunch available on a daily basis. With a “Type A” lunch, the student must choose three of the five meal components offered. Milk is included in the “Type A” lunch. The cost of a “Type A” lunch is $1.90 per day. The entrée only cost will be $1.75. Milk only is $.35.
- In response to health concerns, an effort to discourage students from choosing French Fries as their daily vegetable has been made. Value meals will be offered under a different structure this year. A value meal consists of a larger entrée portion, vegetable of the day, selections from the food bar (choices can be made from fresh or canned fruits, raw vegetables and fresh breads) and milk. Examples of value meals include homemade pizza, specialty chicken products, burger bars, vegetarian burgers and tacos. The cost of a value meal is $2.25. If the value meal entrée only is desired, the cost is $2.00. Students wishing to add fries to their meal will be charged and additional $.75. Fries ala carte will be $1.00. (All foods are oven baked, not deep fat fried)
- “Pure Health” will continue to be a growing section this year. “Pure Health” selections will include freshly made wraps, fruit salads, veggie trays, cottage cheese plates, yogurt bowls and veggie bowls. “Pure Health” ala carte will be easily accessible to the students. “Pure Health” ala carte will include baked chips, 100 calorie snack packs, baked cracker snacks, fruit treats, fresh fruit and low fat granola.
- Grab n’ Go salads will be available on a daily basis. Salad selections will include grilled chicken, garden vegetable, tuna, and Chef and veggie cheese. The salad meal includes roll/bread selection, fruit and milk for $2.75.
- “Footer” made to order submarine sandwiches will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays. “Footers” may be purchased as a meal for $2.75 or alone for $2.50.
Bayside runs both cash and computer service lines for students. Student may pay for their lunch selections with cash on a daily basis or use their computer account. Funds must be available in their computer account for purchases to be made. Credit will not be issued. Please keep in mind that the computer account is set up by family and that any siblings from Stormonth will be drawing from the same account. Funds to be entered into the computer account need to be turned in directly to the kitchen by 10:00 a.m. Checks received after that time or during the lunch line will not reach siblings. As names may vary among family members, please indicate your child’s name on the check. If a child does not have computer funds or any cash available on hand at lunch, he/she will be given a sandwich and milk.
You are able to view you lunch account status on line at any time. In order to do so, please log on to www.wordware.com. You will the need to scroll down to “Family Account Services”. Click on this link, choose WI and click continue. Go to North Shore Schools and click on that. Enter you family lunch ID and you pin number to sign in (pin number= the last four digits of your telephone number).
If you have concern regarding you middle school child’s purchases, please complete a restriction sheet and turn it in to school office. You have the ability to set limits on your child’s account as you feel necessary. Limit example may include setting a per day dollar amount, lunch only purchases allowed, no ala carte or “Pure Health” options only. The restriction will be listed under you child’s account as to alert the cashier.
If you need further assistance, please contact Rosa in the Food Service Office at 351-6595. Thank you!